Wednesday 3 September 2014

Review; Rout of the Dem-Shyr (Ascendant #2) by Raine Thomas

Touted as the future ruler and savior of worlds, Ascendant KyrVawn is ready to put her growing power to good use. She intends to begin with her home planet of Alametria, where hints of corruption have infiltrated the highest levels of the palace. It’s a monumental task, but one she won’t undertake alone.

By her side is her personal bodyguard and secret lover, Dem-Shyr TaeDane. Together, they’re determined to uncover the truth behind the changes that occurred while they were off-planet…changes that violate long-standing Alametrian laws.

But it’s hard for them to champion the rules when they don’t live by them. Their love is forbidden by official decree, and with every illicit touch, they edge closer and closer to discovery and disaster. Despite their good intentions, they’ll find out that sometimes love doesn’t conquer all. 

In fact, it might just be the very thing that destroys them.




My thoughts
Omg....I have said it before and I will say it many more times Raine Thomas Rocks. I often blame my baby for sleepless nights and bags and dark circles under my eyes but I think Ms Thomas really needs to take some of the blame, if she didn't write such amazing books I am sure I would get to bed at an reasonable hour.

The first chapter.. Nah the first line was all it took for me to be hooked. Straight away she fills the pages with mystery and intrigue that it is impossible to put down until the last page is read.  You wont get any spoilers from me but seriously you need to read this series

Kyr powers are growing as is the list of people she can no longer trust. Masks start to fall in this book and Kyr soon realises that if she is going to discover the truth she is going to have to be very careful with who she lets get close.

Kyr and Ty romance is breath taking and although is forbidden Kyr is determined it will be one of the changes that she will make once she is the ruler of her world but first she will have may obstacles to face some she wont see coming until it is far too late.

this book had me on such a roller coaster of emotions from happiness to shock to complete despair but amongst all that there is humour too. I don't know how Raine does it, but it is one of the reasons she is one of my very favourite authors. 

I cannot wait for the next book in the series and I hope Raine doesn't keep us waiting too long.

No comments: