Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review; Double Fault (Vortex #2) by Janine Caldwell

DOUBLE FAULT is the 2nd book in The Vortex Series where Cassie and Trent’s problems have only just begun. As they fight through the repercussions of creating a parallel world, other dangers are lurking. After years of running, Trent and his orphaned sister, Lorelai, sense the dangerous and power-hungry Dr. Fox is close to discovering their whereabouts.

While Cassie fears for Trent’s life, her tennis career hangs in the balance. Caught between her old and new life, she watches her world slowly crumble until it’s a tragic portrayal of all that she used to know. But worse yet, if her secret is revealed, she might lose what’s most dear to her heart.

My thoughts
I was a huge fan of Rematch, the first book in the Vortex series and I had high hopes for Double fault, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest 

The second book focuses a lot more on Cassie and Trents relationship in the Cassies new timeline as well as exploring how relationships with the people closest to her have been affected by the change in the timeline.

There isn't as much sci fi/paranormal in this as the first but to be honest I didn't even think about it to the end, there was so much other stuff going on that I was too drawn in to notice.

Cassie's life is so much different in the new timeline, Cassie herself is much more confident but still a very likeable character as I mentioned earlier her relationships with those closest to her have changed, since in this timeline she wasn't shot her tennis never suffered and now her father is obsessed with her career even at the risk of the rest of the family.

Trent and Lorelai are still hiding from the PI and Ethan fox who are close on there tails and things take a dramatic turn. 

I don't want to say too much and give away any spoilers but I highly recommend it to anyone who as read the first the first book and likes a good romance story. 

and the end was just WOW I was literally lost for words and cant wait to get my claws into Deuce

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! I know you gave this book 5 stars and liked it, but in your first line of thoughts you say you are disappointed by it. Did you mean to say you weren't disappointed? I hope so!! : )

lisa said...

Arggghhh. sorry I'll change that as soon as I get to my computer.I was in no way disappointed. I loved it. really excited for Deuce coming out, and can't wait to read your new book Visited. :-)

lisa said...

Arggghhh. sorry I'll change that as soon as I get to my computer.I was in no way disappointed. I loved it. really excited for Deuce coming out, and can't wait to read your new book Visited. :-)