Wednesday 7 November 2012

Author Interview; Ashliegh Wolfgang

I am so pleased to be able to share this interview with you.
Ashliegh is the auther of the Ramblings of the damded series click to see my Review of the first book in the series The Devils Serum


You were originally a vocalist with the orphan punks what made you decide to write novels?

I was always writing fiction in some capacity for nearly as long as I can remember. I hadn’t given a lot of thought to making my work available to the public until recently however. I see a lot of parallels in music and books, both are an effort to express your thoughts and connect with others whether a listener or a reader. It just seemed like a natural progression in my case.

Where did you get your inspiration to write devils serum? 

The Devil’s Serum revolved around a really simple thought. When someone is head over heels in love they feel invincible, and if that love is betrayed it feels like death. The one constant seems to be that time heals all wounds, but what if it didn't and what if that time were infinite. It would be an awfully big burden to carry for all of eternity. My protagonist Christian is in this very simple yet extremely complex set of circumstances, living with a wrong that can never be righted, or never forgotten.

Christian seems like a tortured soul how easy/hard was it to write his character? 

It was easy to write Christian in some capacity, but it takes its toll on me. Christian is dark and unlikeable and doesn’t always make the best decisions, he’s emotional and reckless. I have to admit it gets difficult to smile when I’m writing Christian, I really am empathetic towards him.

You have three books in the devils serum series, what’s next? 

I’m currently working on a longer work that is about a modern day 16 year old female vampire, it really is out of my comfort zone but I think it’s a great story. I also plan to finish The Ramblings of the Damned Series and resolve Christian’s story in the near future.

If you could invite just one author dead or alive for dinner, who would it be? 

I think it would be Anne Rice, because not only do I love her writing and her characters but all indications are that she is just a really great lady, with really great interests and opinions.

What advice do you have for aspiring authors? 

Just write. Write,write, and then write some more. It’s not all going to be gold but you’ll get better every time and eventually you’ll find your voice. Secondly, ignore negative critics…it’s easier said than done but the fact is that someone will always hate what you’re doing and if you try to cater to them you’ll lose someone along the way that already loved what you do. Write for yourself and your characters and those that enjoy it will follow, there is no sense in trying to reinvent yourself for those that didn’t care in the first place. Just write.

Finish this sentence when I am not writing I am……First and Foremost a father, I have no greater pride in life than my children. I already believe that they are going to be smarter and more prepared for what life brings than I ever was…and they are a lot better looking.

Thank you so much Ash for taking the time to do the interview, I cant wait to read more from the ramblings of the damned series and your new vampire story which may be out of your comfort zone but is smack bam in the middle of mine.

The Devils Serum, Book Blurb

When Christian met the girl that would become the love of his life, he thought it was the most amazing thing that could ever happen. It wasn't even close to the most amazing thing that happened that day. Christian discovers he has become immortal after drinking from a mysterious silver flask. Is this a gift or a curse?

The Devil's serum is the first installment of the Ramblings of the Damned series and is followed by The Devil's Folly (Book Two) 


Ashliegh Wolfgang first gained notoriety as founding member and vocalist for National Recording artist "The Orphan Punks." The Devil's Serum novella is his first foray into writing fiction and has since been followed up by The Devil's Folly.

To find out more about Ashliegh  and his books click the following links.
Twitter and his

No comments: