Tuesday 28 August 2012

Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix, #1) by Jade KerrionG

Two men, one face. One man seeks to embrace destiny, the other to escape it. 

Danyael Sabre spent sixteen years clawing out of the ruins of his childhood and finally has everything he wanted--a career, a home, and a trusted friend. To hold on to them, he keeps his head down and plays by the rules. An alpha empath, he is powerful in a world transformed by the Genetic Revolution, yet his experience has taught him to avoid attention.

When the perfect human being, Galahad, escapes from Pioneer Laboratories, the illusory peace between humans and their derivatives--the in vitros, clones, and mutants--collapses into social upheaval. The abominations, deformed and distorted mirrors of humanity, created unintentionally in Pioneer Lab's search for perfection, descend upon Washington D.C. The first era of the Genetic Revolution was peaceful. The second is headed for open war.

Although the genetic future of the human race pivots on Galahad, Danyael does not feel compelled to get involved and risk his cover of anonymity, until he finds out that the perfect human being looks just like him.

My thoughts
right from the start we are thrust into the action, as the events of Galahad escape are set into motion,as Galahad escapes so too do the abominations but Galahad and his rescuer cant focus on that first the have to get to safety. before long they will have to deal with the abominations that should never have existed, created by a man who's disregard for his own family is astounding.

Just the first few pages was all it took for this book to get its claws into me. I was hooked.

Danyael was a complex character and I hated how he felt so little of himself and how others couldn't help but mirror his thoughts of himself due to his power. I wish everyone including Danyael himself could see him as Lucian saw him. Danyeal just doesn't seem to realise his own worth.

I have not read anything like this before as far as I am concerned it is a unique concept if I had to compare it to something though I would probably say X men a great film in my opinion which indicates how good I thought this book was

the action was fast and pacey, the characters where believable and engaging and the overall book was believable especially if like me you live in fantasy world most of the time. I loved the world Jade created where clones in-vitros and mutants all live amongst humans 

I am looking forward to the next instalment in the double helix series and  hoping someone will just give Danyael a huge hug

You can find/follow/stalk Jade Kerrion on Twitter Goodreads or on her Website

No comments: